"Overall I had a wonderful experience in Madrid. The classes were solid and the teachers were first rate. I only wish I had had the luxury to spend an extra month there."
Physician. Chicago, IL.
"I think I have a much better understanding of what I need to do to become fluent in Spanish and have more confidence in my ability to use the language."
Speech Pathologist. Norfolk, England.
NRCSA Medical Programs in Spain
is a country filled with historical treasures, friendly people and a mild climate. It also has an interesting system of socialized medicine. This program is offered in Madrid and Salamanca.
Madrid is the capital of Spain and it thrives on an enchanting mixture of traditions and modernism. In this city of close to three and a half million people, one can find the Palacio Real where the crown jewels, antiques and priceless tapestries of the Royal Family are kept. The world renown museum, the Prado, displays works of such great Masters as Goya, El Greco, Velazquez among others. Aside from its traditions, Madrid is filled with "la movida:"- a passion for the nightlife that occupies the city until dawn.
Spanish & Medical Vocabulary Tutorial
The program consists of 20 hrs/week of Group Spanish lessons including conversation, grammar, reading and writing in small groups. Each lesson lasts 45 minutes and seven different levels, beginners to superior, are offered. Culture and civilization classes are integrated into the program to enhance students' immersion education. Then, 5 hrs/week of Tutorial one-on-one classes will focus on medical vocabulary, - working on your strengths & weaknesses. You are encouraged to submit a list of vocabulary in advance to use in the class.
Homestays - Two thirds of all students stay with families. These families have been carefully selected by the school. Most families are within 20-25 minutes walking distance to school. In the event that the homestay is farther away, students can use public transportation (subway or bus), the ride being approximately 12-15 minutes. Laundry is not included in family accommodations.
Student Apartments - Those students who wish to take a one, two, or three month course in Madrid, may be interested in renting a room in an apartment shared with other students. The rooms are furnished with bedding provided. The bathroom and kitchen are communal. Students should bring their own towels, and are expected to pay for little expenses (gas, soap, etc.). Most of the apartments are 20 minutes away by public transportation. Keys will be given to the student upon arrival on the Sunday afternoon before classes begin.
Hotels & Apartments- The school utilizes the services of several hotel and apartment options which are situated close to the school:
• Hotel Don Ramon. Includes a single room with breakfast daily. • Apartmentos Recoletos. Furnished apartment, single room, no meals.
These options are on request and at additional cost.
An arrival transfer from the Madrid airport to the lodging address is possible for an additional $ 99. Arrival details need to be communicated to NRCSA in advance.
The school organizes various optional excursions and activities throughout the week such as trips to museums, walking tour of Madrid, half day tours to surrounding cities, social gatherings, etc. Admissions and transportation are not included.
• Culture classes (4 per week). • Business Spanish (2 per week). • Full day excursions to Toledo, Segovia and others (2 per month). • Guided tours to famous Madrid museums (1 per week). • Nightlife events (1 per week).
- 20 hrs/week general Spanish classes plus 4 cultural classes - 5 hrs/week Medical Vocabulary Tutorial - Homestay lodging in single room. - Two meals daily. (Breakfast & Dinner, plus 3 meals on weekends) - Orientation (covering attractions, how to, health safety, entertainment) -Academic Assessment (placement-exit tests, achievement certificate) - International Emergency & Medical Insurance - Emergency Hotline Staffed 24/hrs day (call collect anywhere in the world) - Text & class materials. (You will keep them) - Guided tours to museums & local sights. - Certificate of achievement. - One excursion every two weeks.
School closed on January 7, March 21; May 1; June 13; August 15; October 13; December 8, 19, 2010 to January 4, 2011.
Medical Spanish The program consists of 20 hrs/week of Group Spanish lessons including conversation, grammar, reading and writing in small groups. Each lesson lasts 45 minutes and seven different levels, beginners to superior, are offered. Culture and civilization classes are integrated into the program to enhance students' immersion education. Then, 5 hrs/week of Tutorial one-on-one classes will focus on medical vocabulary, - working on your strengths & weaknesses. You are encouraged to submit a list of vocabulary in advance to use in the class.
Our school is a pioneer institution in the teaching of foreign languages in Spain. It is a family enterprise with a large, committed staff, including teachers, administration and management personnel. The four Spain schools have an international atmosphere with students from more than 20 countries studying at any one time. The main characteristics of the schools are:
• Individualized attention in small groups • Quality teaching in a friendly environment • Qualified teachers and up-to-date materials
The class and activity organization is very flexible. Many starting dates are offered throughout the year, special courses designed to fit each individual's needs, social activities, various types of accommodation and an endless number of "small" services that make the school one of the most prestigious Spanish language schools. The school is a registered member of the Pittman Center and the Centre of the Institute of Linguistics. Various European governments and universities recognize our programs, including the European Parliament.
All the teachers are college degree or college diploma holders. They make up a coordinated and enthusiastic team and many of have been with the school for many years. Each school's director or coordinator organizes the student groups by language level and supervises each student's progress.
• No maximum age. Minimum age is 17 (often waived if accompanied by an adult). • Location: Downtown • Size: varies considerably by season. The 'average' is over 80 foreign students. • Arrival airport transfers are available at extra cost if requested 3 weeks in advance. • Medical: school refers students if needed (medical costs additional). See below for information regarding insurance. • Vacations: no class make-up on National, Regional, or local holidays or the year-end (Mid December to Early January).
• Foreign language classes are taught entirely in the foreign language (immersion method). • All levels are welcome (beginner to advanced) unless otherwise specified above. • Levels: placement tests are used. If there is no full group at your level, smaller group or tutor may be given with fewer hours per week. • Tutor means one-on-one class (private teacher). Shared tutor means two-on-one. • Students/class is maximum people per class ... which may be exceeded by 1-2 persons due to level placement. • School is popular with business and medical professionals seeking accelerated and special vocabulary classes. • Texts and materials are included in cost. • Class-hour is 45 to 60 minutes (Most universities use a 50 minute hour).
Lodging & Meals
• Accommodation address sent 7-14 days prior to start of session. • Lodging ends day after last day of class. Begins the day prior to start of class. • Meals: See 'cost includes' above for which meals included. (2 meals means breakfast and • In homestays, meal times and content will vary.
Cultural Program & Activities
• Weekly cultural lectures or activities (included). • Excursions optional at additional cost, subject to minimum sign-up. • Entrance fees/bus fares may be additional.
• No children's program nor lodging assistance.
Insurance --- for study dates prepaid through NRCSA.
• 24 Hour Emergency Multilingual Hotline (call collect from anywhere in the world) • $25,000 Emergency Medical Evacuation • $10,000 Accident or Sickness ($100 deductible per claim) • $5,000 Emergency Reunion • See policy for definitions and exclusions • Increased insurance coverages available on request and at additional cost. Please inquire with NRCSA at least 3 weeks prior to departure.